We are offering an exclusive Career Navigation Class. Intake sessions for this training course will begin on Monday, October 17th, 2011 and continue through Wednesday, October 26th, 2011 (excluding weekends). Please be advised that the Intake Sessions for 10/17-10/21 and 10/24-10/26 will be held at 2200 South Dakota Ave. NE, Washington, DC 20018. Please forward all interested individuals who meet the requirements to the number below. .
Goodwill of Greater Washington’s….FREE
Career Navigation Job Training Class
Open to DC residents 18-years-old or over who currently receive Food Stamp benefits. Transportation stipend included!
Intake is scheduled for October 17th-21st and October 24th-26th, 2011 promptly at 10:00 a.m. CLASS STARTS OCTOBER 31ST!
· Resume and cover letter formatting assistance
· Mock job interview instruction
· Individualized job placement assistance and career coaching
· Development of online job searching skills
· Math and literacy skills development
(Selection will be based on applicant’s ability to fulfill and show proof of the following qualifications):
- Be 18 years of age or older and a District of Columbia resident
- Ability to complete a 5-week course; Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Able to complete CASAS (Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment Systems) math and reading assessment
- Current recipient of Food Stamps benefits
What do you need?
o Social Security Card or Birth Certificate
o Valid DC Government issued Photo ID
o Proof of DC residency (government issued photo ID with DC address)-don’t have this? We can still help….
o Proof of Food Stamps benefits (EBT card or official letter from IMA)
October 17th-21st and October 24th-26th promptly at 10:00 a.m.
at Goodwill’s Headquarters…
2200 South Dakota Avenue, NE, Washington, DC
REGISTRATION IS NOT REQUIRED
For more information call: 202-715-2618 or
Rhode Island Avenue Metro Station, Bus B8/B9 or Brookland Metro Station, Bus H6
Once enrolled, travel assistance is available.
*Subject to change