Just a reminder for you to come to the DHCD’s Housing Expo, on Saturday, June 4, 2011, at the Washington Convention Center, from 10 am - 3 pm, it is a Housing Expo for Everybody! There will be useful information for everyone:
· Mortgage payment/foreclosure assistance/mitigation – representatives from most banks;
· Incentives for renters who want to become DC homeowners/how-to workshops;
· Free credit reports;
· First time Homebuyer Programs;
· Exhibitors—with useful give-aways, including demonstrations on using “dchousingsearch.org” – which lists available housing in the city;
· Register for Affordable Housing Lottery -- to obtain an affordable Unit in a market-rate building (per inclusionary zoning); lottery selection on 6/14;
· Homeowners – “how-to” rehab workshops, how to save $ on energy efficient household items and to start your “own urban garden” (food security!).