Election of Officers
Chairman - Commissioner Ronnie Edwards (5C11)
Vice Chairman - Commissioner Silas Grant (5C09)
Recording Secretary - Commissioner Hugh Youngblood (5C03)
Corresponding Secretary - Commissioner J. Jioni Palmer (5C08)
Financial Secretary - Commissioner John Salatti (5C04)
Treasurer - Commissioner Gigi Ransom (5C12)
- Financial Report on proposed FY11 was discussed. A working document was adopted and will be tweaked by the financial committee.
- Financial Records and Checkbook were transitioned to Treasurer.
- Councilman Harry Thomas spoke addressing the commission on his assigned committees, Great Streets for Ward 5 and Walmart developments.
- Latin American Youth Center (LAYC) announced they were available to discuss concerns on J.F Cook School residential developments.
- Community Member requested that 5C support any legislation to reduce Interstate Tolls.
- Community Member announced that DC Students Speak will be attending 5C and other community meetings.
- Commissioner Bradley Thomas (5C01) requested a response from DDOT on placing speed humps on P Street. This request served as a reminder that this concern was presented to ANC5C by the Bates Civic Association but never received any action.
- Shirley Bishop Hall and Alex Feldman of Serve DC - The Mayor's Office on Volunteerism gave a brief presentation on Serve DC's resources for district residents including the programs Community Emergency Response Team (CERT), and Neighborhood Corps. Both programs provide training and resources for district residents and communities on how to prepare in disaster and inclement weather situations.
- Motion passed to limit commissioner's presentations to 5 minutes and comments to 90 seconds.
- Motion passed to develop an request for proposals (RFP) for the 5C website.
- Motion was passed to write a check for $25 to Chair and Treasurer to be bonded.
- Motion was tabled to discuss the acquisition of a customer relations management tool to track community concerns.
- Motion was passed to add the duty of ANC Liaison to the Corresponding Secretary's positions.